Wednesday, January 9, 2008

CAUSES OF WORLD WAR I

World war I was a war fought from 1914 to 1918, in which Great Britain, france, Russia, the United States, and other allies defeated Germany. During the world war I there were many causes, such as nationalism, militarism and assassination of Franz Ferdinand.
Before world war II the world war one was called the Great war. It was the first major conflict between European coalitions. It was originally consisting of Russia, France, and Britain. So mostly the world war I happaned in Europe but, many countries were involved for example the United States and other nations throughout the world. So basically, it started because of competition prejudice.
During world war I nationalism played in European countries right before the beginning of World War I. It is the changes that took place in Europe between 59 and 78 increased the opportunities between the major power and inflamed the resentments of minor ones. This process had been accelerated by the intense economic of the post free trade and the competition for overseas colonies.
The American expeditionary force included a large force of volunteers and draftees as well as soldiers from the reguler army and the national guard. The forces arrived in France to assist the allied forces in fighting off russia. The espionage act of 1917 enacted laws punishing people for aiding the enemy or refusing military during world war I.
The world war I military strategy of defending a position by fighting from the protection of deep diches was known as trench warfare.






No comments: